Angraecum sesquipedale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How could you not love that? Particularly if you got the opportunity to smell it? You'd have to be inhuman to not appreciate it. Okay, that might've been hyperbole, but the point is, that's a wonderful bloom and a terrific photo of it.

I just traded in my second-year blooming A. sesquipedale (a sib cross from Orchids Limited with flowers that look like Dot's) for a seedling A. magdalene! I did this partly because I knew how large the sesquipedale would become, but mostly because my wife and I did not like the fragrance!! There must be some genetic variability in how we react to the fragrance of different orchids. A. magdalene has more daytime fragrance and it is supposed to be a different, more pleasant fragrance. It is also more compact. Maybe we won't like this fragrance either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awesome Dot....you are the photomeister! Three flowers is not easy for s single growth sesqui plus your plant looks very healthy. Do you find that you lose a few lower leaves each year? In my case, right after a recent flowering, I lost 2-3 lower leaves to yellowing? I might just have been a little less attentive with watering once the flowers passed.

Back